|Raspberry Swirl Blondies|
Pantry Blondies (and variations)
|Chocolate Chip Blondie|
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar (or 3/4 c. white sugar)
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips or 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8-inch square baking pan for single recipe, or 9x13 for doubled recipe.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter and stir in sugar until it is dissolved.
- Quickly whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- If making chocolate chip version, stir in chips now.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- If making the raspberry swirl version, spoon the raspberry jam over the batter. Swirl the jam through the batter with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. *I would err on the shorter side of this time. If the top is browned, you're good.