Tuesday, January 18, 2011

B-B-Q Ham

I remember first eating this recipe as a goodbye lunch served by good neighbors the day we moved from Zanesville to Findlay back in 1968. It was such a hit we had to have the recipe. Now it is Hunter's absolute fav and I have it baking right now and it smells awesome! He packs it in his lunch and reheats in microwave at work.



1 1/2# chipped chopped ham (I use deli ham sliced thin for sandwiches)

1 tbsp mustard

1 cup ketchup

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 tbsp worchestire sauce

1 tbsp vinegar



Mix together sauce ingredients. I bake it in a large baking dish and put in dish in two layers. First layer of ham, pour 1/2 sauce over it, put last layer of ham, pour rest of sauce over it. Bake 350 for about an hour. Cut in squares to fit buns.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would have never thought of BBQ sauce with ham, but why not? It's pork! I bet it's delicious. Glad you enjoyed the blondies. Thanks for visiting Let's Dish.

Lori said...

This recipe is almost identical to one my mother-in-law gave me. She calls it "Chipped-Chop Ham Sandwiches." :)