Lemon Ricotta Cake – Low Carb, Gluten Free
1 CAKES – SERVES 10 PERSONS This recipe contains affiliate links.
• 125g soft unsalted butter (1/2 c.)
• 1 tsp of vanilla powder
• zest from 3 large organic lemons
• 4 eggs, separated in whites and yolks
• 250g og almond flour (1 c.)
• 1-2 tablespoons of psyllium husks
• 250g of ricotta cheese (1 c.)
• flakes almonds for topping
• some Sukrin Icing Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 320°F/160°C fan.
2. In a bowl, beat butter, vanilla and lemon zest well together.
3. Add egg yolks one by one and beat well until fully combined.
4. Add almond meal and psyllium husks and beat to combine. Your batter will now become thick and firm.
5. Fold or toss ricotta cheese into the batter.
6. In a different bowl, beat egg whites until stiff. Mix the egg whites into the batter with a spoon.
7. Pour the batter into a greased spring form (about 20-22 cm) and smooth it with a spatula or palette knife. Decorate with almons flakes and bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the cake is firm to touch. If it starts to get too dark at the top, put over some tinfoil and bake it for the rest of the time..
8. Allow the cake to cool for at least 30 minutes before you serve it. Dust with icing sugar before serving.