1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp seasoned salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 lbs. chicken breast halves, skinned and rinsed
2 tbsp butter
1/4 c. water
3 tbsp lemon juice
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 1 chicken bouillon cube)
1 tsp minced fresh parsley (optional)
- Combine oregano, salt and pepper. Rub all of mixure into chicken. Melt butter in skillet. Brown chicken in skillet. Transfer to slow cooker.
- Place water, lemon juice, garlic, and bouillon in skillet. Bring to boil, loosening browned bits of chicken from skillet. Pour over chicken.
- Cover. Cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- For OAMC: Cool chicken and refrigerate. This recipe makes such a tender chicken that dicing it while hot would only result in shredded chicken. It's best to cut it after it's cold.
- For Dinner: Add parsely and baste chicken. Cover. Cook on High 15-30 min, until chicken is tender.