Tuesday, January 04, 2011

South Beach Diet - Phase One

After Thanksgiving, I was sick of not fitting into my clothes and wanted to be more healthy.  So, I decided to try the South Beach diet. It was very effective! I lost eight lbs by Christmas.

I checked out the following three books from the library and also used the internet as a source for recipes:


Here are some links to the recipes I liked most from phase one:


Breakfast:
Vegetable Frittata with Parmesan
Sausage and Cheese Breakfast Cups

Dinner:
Chicken Packets
Slow Cooker Recipe for Pulled Pork with Low-Sugar Barbecue Sauce
Souffle Stuffed Chicken
Herb-Roasted Pork Loin

Side Dish:
Surprise South Beach Mashed "Potatoes"

Snack/Dessert:
Turkey Roll-Ups (a snack)
South Beach Diet Faux Ice Cream
Chilled Espresso Custard

Salads:
Balsamic Vinaigrette
Armand Salad

No comments: