3 medium zucchini, unpeeled, cut into 3"-long sticks
1 tablespoon salt
1 cup Panko bread crumbs
scant 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
1 tablespoon Pizza Seasoning or mixed Italian herbs
olive oil spray
2 large eggs
- To make the zucchini sticks: Place the zucchini sticks in a colander over a bowl and sprinkle with the tablespoon of salt. Let the zucchini drain for 1 hour or longer; rinse and pat dry.
- Combine the Panko, Parmesan, and pizza seasoning; set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment, and spray the parchment with olive oil.
- Dredge sticks a few at a time in the egg, then roll in the crumb mixture. Place the sticks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake sticks for 12 minutes, turn over, and bake for an additional 8 minutes, until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately, with sweet onion dip.