1 large banana (the riper the better)
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. baby food carrots (1 small container)
1 tsp. vanilla
1 c. oats
1/2 c. whole wheat flour (I used white whole wheat flour)
1/4 c. nonfat dry milk powder
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 cup "mix ins" (craisins, raisins, coconut, chopped nuts, m&m's, choc chips, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Using a hand mixer, beat banana, peanut butter, brown sugar, carrots and vanilla until smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix oats, flour, milk powder, cinnamon and baking soda. Stire into wet mixture until combined.
- Stir in mix-ins.
- Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or cooking spray or, my favorite, Silpats.
- Drop 1/4 cup mounds of dough 3 inches apart on sheets. With a metal spoon dipped in water, flatten mounds into cookie shapes (will not spread much during baking).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until browned.
- Cool completely and store in airtight container or freeze.
Yield: 10 cookies