Sunday, February 28, 2010
Perfect Dinner Party Menu
So last night we hosted a dinner party for Doug's partners and spouses. I have been planning to throw a dinner party whenever they finally went full time with Chrisso. So, basically I've been planning this party for over a year...
It was everything I'd dreamed of. :) Doug went to a local butcher to get some *really* good steaks and we researched quite a bit on how to cook the perfect indoor steak. See my notes on the steak and couscous recipe for details.
Here's the menu:
* Parmesan Crisps with Pancetta and Roma Tomato Salsa
* Bruschetta (used extra tomato salsa from above recipe on toasted baguette)
* Steak with Spinach Couscous
* Homemade rolls with cinnamon butter (Tracy brought these - yum!)
* Molten Lava Cakes
* Lots of great wine! (and sparkling grape juice)
- Villa Antinori Toscana 2005
- the Little Penguin Pinot Noir 2008
- Aquila D'Oro Chianti 2008
- Brown County Winery Blackberry Wine (the BEST dessert wine ever)