Wednesday, February 03, 2010
90 Minute Rolls
This recipe is on the Internet in many forms. The following is how I make them. It is NO FAIL and delicious.
2 - 2.5 cups flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 package Active Dry Yeast
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup water
2 Tablespoons butter
1. Mix 3/4 cup flour, sugar, salt and undissolved yeast in Kitchen Aid mixer bowl with paddle attachment.
2. Heat milk, water and margarine to 120 F. - 130 F. (hot, but not unbearable)
3. Gradually add to dry ingredients and beat 2 minutes at medium speed of mixer.
4. Add 1/4 cup flour. Beat at high speed 2 minutes.
5. Switch to dough hook attachment and add in just enough additional flour to make soft dough. Knead with dough hook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add in flour bit by bit so that it doesn't stick too much to sides of bowl.
6. Turn oven on just enough to kick on the heat.
7. On a well-floured surface, divide dough into 8 equal pieces. Shape into balls. Place in greased 8-inch round pan.
8. Cover rolls with clean towel. Turn off oven (should be warm) and close door; let rise 30 minutes.
10. Uncover rolls.
11. Turn oven to 375 F. Bake 20 minutes or until done. Remove from pan to cool. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 dinner rolls