These are really delicious - we didn't quite use a full cup of fresh cranberries in either the batter or the syrup.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- Cranberry-Maple Syrup
- 1. Whisk together first 5 ingredients in a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 4 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and stir until just blended. Stir in cranberries.
- 2. Pour 1/3 cup batter for each pancake onto a lightly greased hot griddle or nonstick skillet. Cook 2 to 4 minutes or until tops are covered with bubbles and edges look dry and cooked; turn, and cook 1 minute or until lightly browned. Keep warm. Serve with Cranberry-Maple Syrup.