2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
1/4 cup water
1 cup orange juice
3/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup cold water
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the blueberries, 1/4 cup of water, orange juice, and sugar.
- Stir gently, and bring to a boil.
- In a cup or small bowl, mix together the cornstarch and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Gently stir the cornstarch mixture into the blueberries so as not to mash the berries.
- Simmer gently until thick enough to coat the back of a metal spoon, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in the almond extract and cinnamon.
- Thin sauce with water if it is too thick for your liking.