1 pound ground turkey
1 and 1/2 cups uncooked quinoa
1 can (15 ounces) black beans
1 cup frozen corn
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chilies
1/2 cup salsa
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 cup onion
1/2 cup chopped sweet bell pepper
1 cup water
1 can (19 ounces) enchilada sauce
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
2 cups cheddar or Mexican cheese
1/3 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Optional: 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice, sour cream, green onions, 1 small jalopeno
- Cook the ground turkey; drain any grease and place in the slow cooker.
- Add in the uncooked quinoa (make sure to rinse first), the black beans (drained and rinsed), the frozen corn, the diced tomatoes and green chilies (do not drain), the salsa, and minced garlic.
- Chop up the onion and bell pepper into small pieces and add to the slow cooker. If desired, chop up a jalapeno and add it too.
- Add in the water, enchilada sauce, chili powder, and cumin.
- Combine and cook on high for 3 to 3 and 1/2 hours or until the liquid is all absorbed into the mixture.
- Once it is done cooking, remove the lid and stir everything again. Stir in the cheese and fresh cilantro (stems removed and chopped).
- If desired add in the fresh lime juice.
- Top with sour cream and some chopped green onions if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips, or use as filling for soft tortillas or inside taco shells.