2 ¼ cups whole wheat flour
½ cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
4 Tablespoons honey
¼ cup water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Add the liquids: honey, water, vanilla and melted butter.
- Stir well until a nice ball of dough is formed.
- Lay one Silpat (or parchment paper) on a cookie sheet.
- Place the ball of dough on the parchment paper. Lay a second Silpat (or another piece of parchment paper) on top of the ball of dough. Squish dough down a little with your fist.
- Use a rolling pin to roll the dough between the pieces of parchment paper. Roll until the dough covers the whole cookie sheet.
- Peel off the top Silpat and cut rolled dough into 2 inch squares, or cut shapes with cookie cutters, being sure to separate the shapes from the surrounding dough a little. (I use a pizza cutter *very gently* to make the cuts)
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
- Turn oven off, but leave crackers in the oven to get crisp for about 30 minutes.
- Break cooled graham crackers apart and store in an air tight container.