- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 medium zucchini (about 7 ounces each), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 medium yellow squash (about 7 ounces each), sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick
- 2 shallots, minced (* I used a 1/4 diced onion)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream (* I used 1/2 cup whole milk and a light sprinkle of flour to thicken)
- 1 cup panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 450. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat; add zucchini, yellow squash, shallots, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until zucchini and squash are crisp-tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add cream, and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove skillet from heat; stir in 1/2 cup panko and 1/4 cup Parmesan.
- Spoon mixture into a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining panko and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper. Bake until top is golden, 8 to 10 minutes.
Yield: 4 servings