5 tablespoons butter
2 baking apples (peeled, cored, and sliced thin)
1/2 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, add flour, milk, vanilla and eggs. Mix well.
- In another bowl, mix the brown sugar, granulated sugar, and remaining cinnamon. Toss with apples.
- Put butter into a 10 inch Pyrex deep dish pan and put in the oven.
- When the butter is completely melted, remove from oven.
- Pour the batter into the Pyrex dish and put back in the oven for 20-25 minutes. The edges will begin to puff.
- Remove the half-way cooked batter from the oven and now add the apple mixture all over the top of the batter.
- Put it back in the oven for another 20-25 minutes.