Monday, August 03, 2009
My Whole Wheat Bread
Here is the recipe for the bread that I make for our family. I crank out about two loaves a week, on average. Much cheaper, healthier and yummier than you buy from a store!
1 cup warm water
1 tbsp milk
2 tbsp oil (I use vegetable oil)
1/4 cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
2 cups white flour (unbleached)
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dry active yeast
* Measure all ingredients into bread machine and set on Dough cycle. Wait 1:20 until finished (or whatever your machine does).
* With lightly greased hands, gently shape dough and place into greased bread pan (I love my Pampered Chef stone one) and cover with clean towel.
* Let dough rise in a warm place until doubled - approx. 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 in the meantime.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
* Let rest in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.