- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1 medium kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
Directions:In a small bowl, combine the salsa ingredients; cover and refrigerate until serving.
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, oil, lime peel, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
Drain and discard marinade. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until juices run clear. Meanwhile, cook couscous according to package directions. Serve with chicken and salsa. Yield: 4 servings (1 cup salsa)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 pound)
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
Directions:Flatten each chicken breast half to 1/4-in. thickness. Place flour in a resealable plastic bag; add chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal and shake to coat.
In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. In the same skillet, saute mushrooms in the remaining butter until tender. Add the broth, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced to 1/2 cup. Spoon over chicken.
Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemaryor .4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons rubbed sage
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 20 garlic cloves, halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 2 tablespoons flour, rosemary, sage, salt and pepper; add chicken. Seal bag and shake to coat. In a large nonstick skillet, brown chicken in 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat for 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 15 minutes.
Meanwhile, in the same skillet, saute the garlic, onion and red pepper flakes in remaining oil until onion is tender and garlic begins to brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in wine or broth; bring to a boil. Boil until wine is reduced by half, about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil until broth is reduced by half, about 7-8 minutes. Remove from the heat.
Combine butter and remaining flour; whisk into skillet. Return to heat. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until sauce thickens. Serve warm over chicken breasts. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.